Evaluation (Theatre Workshop Scotland)
First stage funding report completed for submission to Creative Scotland in order to secure stage two project funding. This work involved collating and analysing a variety of data including interviewing participants of a collaborative community arts project.
Stage two funding was granted and the project went on to become The Happy Lands
Image taken during pilot filming 'Once Upon a Time in Fife' (January 2011)
A Review of the Literature on Young People’s Motivation and Gallery Engagement
The purpose of this review was to understand current thinking on how young people engage with galleries and museums in order to develop a research proposal focused on the ARTIST ROOMS On Tour exhibition. The review explores:
- The motivation of young people to get involved.
- The ways that galleries (and other cultural organisations) engage with young people.
- The types of methodologies used when conducting research on young people’s motivation and engagement.
Creative project facilitation
As Cultural Co-ordinator Manager for Moray Council (2007-2009) I was responsible for:
- managing a programme of cultural activity connecting young people in schools with creative practitioners, arts organisations and cultural experiences
- developing and implementing a Cultural Education Strategy (schools focus)
- establishing and managing a cross-sectoral steering group
- representing Moray Council on various networks and national groups
- accessing funding for programmes of work
During 2005-2006 I worked for Heartstone, a non-profit arts organisation using storytelling and photography to challenge racism, intolerance and xenophobia. This role involved:
- the management of an education project delivered across 6 local authorities (60 schools and community groups)
- Scottish Holocaust Memorial Exhibition - negotiating support from key organisations, taking testimony and writing exhibition text
- PR/Publicity. Liaising with press at local and national level, writing and distributing press releases
- Deputising for the Director of Heartstone.
Image taken during a photography project working with Speyside schools add images to the SCRAN database
Cultural research and consultancy